[Ekiga-list] Newbie ekiga Linux problems

Perhaps I'm missing some documentation - if so, just point me toward
what I'm meant to be looking at that answers these.

I'm using Ekiga 2.0.11 under 64-bit Linux 2.6.24.

When I start ekiga, it tells me I won't be able to receive incoming
calls. However, it just says 'Error while starting the listener ...' and
'check no other program is running on the port used ...' without saying
anything about what the error was or what port it's talking about! Not
that I'm aware of any reason why anything else would be listening on
such ports:

$ netstat -l -A inet
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:auth                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:smtp          *:*                     LISTEN
udp        0      0 *:bootpc                *:*
udp        0      0 evangeline.aetion.i:ntp *:*
udp        0      0 localhost:ntp           *:*
udp        0      0 *:ntp                   *:*
$

When I quit ekiga, the window closes but it just hangs and doesn't
terminate.

Most annoying, though, is that it won't detect my camera. (USB Logitech
QuickCam Pro.) The same camera used to work with an older ekiga at one
time on my previous computer. I'm currently using the uvcvideo module
v0.1.0 and I do have v4l2_pwplugin.so (from libpt-1.10.10). mplayer sees
my camera just fine with device=/dev/video0:driver=v4l2 and uvcvideo
says, uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device <unnamed> (046d:08cb)
Yet, ekiga doesn't seem to detect it at all. What it's doing when I
press the 'Detect' button I have no idea.

Where should I start with all this?

I'm also curious about how Ekiga gets on with videotelephony to Mac
users. I had a bit of a look at XMeeting but the project looks rather
dead of late and my impression is that iChat expects XMPP.

Mark