Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga + ports + protocols

Hi,

Le dimanche 18 mai 2008 à 23:34 -0400, Gerry Reno a écrit :
> Hi all,
>   I am using Fedora 7 and Ekiga 2.0.11.  I have different account
> setups.  Ekiga.net, and our Asterisk PBX.  Our Asterisk was setup a
> while ago and works on rtp 10k-20k.  Ekiga is set to 5000-5100 for most
> of its SIP and RTP.  So I have to keep changing these ports in
> gconf-editor to get things to work.  But really shouldn't the
> port/protocol settings be set for each account separately?  This would
> be easier for working with accounts that need different port settings.

5000-5100 are the local port, they are independent of the remote ports
being used by your servers. Why would we need different local port
ranges for different remote servers ?

>   I am also having trouble with DTMF from Ekiga when it is outside our
> NAT.  Inside the NAT on same network it works fine.  From outside we
> have not gotten it to work.  Now maybe this is related to the
> port/protocol issue and somehow we are not opening enough ports but the
> dtmf is the symptom I see.

DTMF is in the RTP stream. Do you have audio when being outside the
NAT ?

>   Anyway, suggestions on how to manage Ekiga so we can have different
> accounts using different ports would be welcome.

I don't think you need that.
--
 _     Damien Sandras