Re: [Ekiga-list] [THANKS] ...... for a short test ?

Damien Sandras a écrit :
Le dimanche 16 mars 2008 à 22:12 +0100, jacques a écrit :
Edward Dunagin a écrit :
cou7ld not connect just now.
Ekiga was down

Thanks to Edward and Tangy for spending so much time testing with me.

Obviously there's something wrong with my configuration.

Sometimes it looks like the sound card gets stuck and I have to re-boot
the computer :-(

Tanguy suggested me to try some other CODECS (the less costly ones)
but the sound is still chopped and often I dont hear the partner
speaking or sometimes in a very strange manner, like *very slow and in a
very low tone*

I will try again sometimes,

Ideas to fix this are welcome,

It could be yet another alsa bug. Try upgrading it perhaps.

Anyway, I think my setup is not quite right either.
I tried with another ekiga user (Thanks, Jean-michel ;) )
and it was not working properly; it started fine but
the sound was becoming more and more choppy.
I am just wondering, i just have a 512k broadband connection,
what codecs should i use if i want to have an acceptable
quality for the sound? (the video was quite good, by the way )

--
 _Unix IS user friendly, it is just selective about who his friends are