[Ekiga-list] Win32: iconv.dll problems

Dear list!

I have successfully installed and used the current Ekiga 2.0.11 beta for Windows on a couple of PCs, but recently ran into a problem in a new installation.

The user installed Ekiga and tried to launch it, but received the following error message:

Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt „libicnov_set_relocation_prefix“ wurde in der DLL „iconv.dll“ nicht gefunden

(Sorry for the message being in German, but I think anyone gets what the message means.)

So that would suggest that I might have a wrong version of iconv.dll. I searched the harddisk and found two instances of that DLL, one in C:\WINDOWS and one in some shared apps folder.

I deleted both of them and re-installed Ekiga, hoping for it to install the version it needs in the place it's looking for it, but that did not succeed. I had an assertion failed problem reported by Ekiga after that.

Then I downloaded and installed the current GTK+ 2.0 runtime for Windows. Assertion failed remained. The same happened after I copied the iconv.dll from the GTK directory straight into C:\WINDOWS.

Any hints anyone? I mean, what's the plan? Where should iconv.dll come from, is it installed by the Ekiga installer and are there any known version conflicts?

Regards,
Torsten