Re: [Ekiga-list] 'Video: No Device Found' [2.0.12]

hi Adam,

Le jeudi 31 juillet 2008 à 15:05 +1200, Adam Bogacki a écrit :
> Hi, I have been using Ekiga 2.0.12 on an Etch/unstable system -
> previously recognising both audio & video devices.
>
> I recently saw reference to trying out snapshots  ..
>
> Carrying out the instructions at http://snapshots.ekiga.net/ I had a
> look at it but decided it was
> a bit too buggy to use at the moment, so apt-removed 'ekiga-snapshot' ..
> but now find that
> Ekiga 2.0.12 does not recognise video devices (Logitech Quickcam 'Chat'
> or 'Go' models) .
>
> Any ideas for a fix ?

I imagine that for installing ekiga-snapshot you also had to install
ptlib and opal related packages. Are you sure that when you unsinstalled
ekiga-snapshot you also cleaned everything related to ptlib and opal end
reinstalled the correct version for those dependencies of ekiga version
2.0.12 ?

hth,

> Adam Bogacki,
> afb paradise net nz