Re: [Ekiga-list] quick help appreciated: ekiga always report symmetric NAT even after port-forwarding enabled.

FS Inc. wrote:
I am on a linksys router wrt54g that reports symentric NAT,

What was recommended was to use port triggering as opposed to port forwarding. I am not too sure what the difference is, But basically i followed this link ...

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router (Symmetric NAT: Dynamic navigation of NAT routers section)

This is exactly the way my father has his Motorola 2210-02-1006 router configured. But it no longer works for him with Ekiga 3. Which version are you using?