Re: [Ekiga-list] how to bypass SIP server and call a computer directly?

"michel memeteau" <michel memeteau gmail com> writes:

> I think putting Whatever Ipadress will work.

Thanks for this information!

Testing seems to indicate that XYZ IPADDRESS, IPADDRESS,
sip:XYZ IPADDRESS, and sip:IPADDRESS all seem to work similarly.

What is the rule here?  It seems that the “sip:” prefix is the default
and can be omitted.  What is used for the part to the left of the “ ”
when it is omitted?

--
Thanks,

Joe