Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga on Asus EEE / PC900 ?

> Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:10:35 +0000
> From: D Webb <dlw_insulin hotmail com>
> Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga on Asus EEE / PC900 ?
>
>> One of the (few) options for Xubuntu softphone installs was Ekiga. After
>> some sound config confusion I ran the echo test. Worked great. I assume
>
> Assume? Did you actually use it? Several people have told me it was running,
> but when I asked if they were able to make a connection they had never tried.
> Ekiga has crashed while trying to make connections. Webcam and sound can
> otherwise appear to work.

A cut-and-paste operation lost the final bit; however, to answer
your question I have not used the "phone" in any capacity other
than the echo test. That said, the echo test does make a
connect somewhere; does it not?

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Fun_Numbers

If not and these do not require a connection, then no, I have not
actually  used it. At all.