[Ekiga-list] Setting up a videophone (from scratch)

I have an application; a person walks up to the Linux box, presses a button and (after a sec, with some pretty graphics) a person's face comes up and we're talking to someone we're also seeing.

This shouldn't be hard, the idea is to make this "manual free" at all times. With this background, here's the question:

How hard is it to open a communication with a remote person (probably on an Asterix PBX built for this purpose) to make the call _from_an_icon_ or other no-brainer construct?

Ekiga is a great tool, even better than it was as GnomeMeeting, but I need something less flexible (to the user) and more simple, too. Is that something that's done without source code?

   Thanks!

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                              http://Fahrlander.net/brian
ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller