Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga slow to connect

Le dimanche 21 octobre 2007 �6:56 +0200, xlyz a �it :
> Il giorno dom, 21/10/2007 alle 16.36 +0200, Damien Sandras ha scritto:
>
> > The problem is the 20 seconds gap between lines 169 and 170.
> >
> > No way to know why it happens without executing ekiga step by step
> > inside gdb unfortunately :(
>
> if you can give me direction I'll be happy to do it.

If you edit src/sip/sipcon.cxx, BOOL SIPConnection::SetUpConnection(),
you will see the following :
  PTRACE(2, "SIP\tSetUpConnection: " << remotePartyAddress);
After that, it takes 20 seconds until the next step.

Perhaps it is the DNS SRV lookup that takes so long ?

You can monitor that, the easiest if you are not used doing that, is
probably to add something like this at various places:
std::cout << "Hey 1" << std::endl << std::flush;

You will be able to see what takes time,
--
 _     Damien Sandras