Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga under Slackware 12

   Well, I changed my audio device from within Ekiga and it now seems
to work fine - no crashes.

   I have an old Ensoniq AudioPCI which, for my very simple purposes,
is more than good enough. When configuring my audio devices in the
Ekiga druid (page 7) for the audio output device the choices are
Default and Ensoniq AudioPCI, whereas for the audio input device I
also have a USB device - the microphone built in my webcam.

   When audio input and output are set to Ensoniq AudioPCI I have the
behavior described in my previous email. If I change them to Default,
the crashes disappear - at least, I have yet to cause another crash.
This is of course terrific, but I wonder what is the difference? The
actual hardware is the same in both cases.  Any ideas?