[Ekiga-list] G729 codec

PawelCarqowski paulino90 at tenbit.pl
Fri Nov 2 21:25:43 UTC 2007

Hallo Jure, Hallo Group Members
Jure Petrovic writes:
 > No, you will need opal version > 2.3.* to support dynamic plugin loading
 > (*plugin.so files)

I just managed to install
PTLIB version 2.1.0
OPAL version 3.1.0
Ekiga version 2.1.0
all the pieces are downloaded from CVS and compiled on my PC.

myg729 is also succesfully compiled and installed.
G729 codec is visible by ekiga.

But it does not work well unfortunatelly.

When I call, the person on remote site does not hear me. I tried with docen arbitrary numbers, but it is always the same.

The codec used is G.729.

I tried also tried an echo test (500 at ekiga.net), and all is OK with this test, I can hear my voice as soon as it is received. I can hear what I say. Of course echo test does not use G.729 codec. It uses G.711-uLaw-64k one instead. That's why I think that the problem might be with this particular codec.

input device (sound card) detected by ekiga is:
2007/11/02 22:13:06.378	  0:00.666	                       	Detected the following audio input devices: Default,Intel 82801BA-ICH2 with plugin ALSA

Have You got any idea what might be the reason.

Regards,
Pawel