[Ekiga-list] G729 codec

Jure Petrovic fonz at siol.net
Sat Nov 3 01:05:57 UTC 2007

Please try with this version:
http://www.royal.si/g729/myg729-0.2.tar.gz

The problem lies in FRAMES_PER_PACKET.

I am using this codec with Asterisk server and it works without
problems. However, I noticed that I cannot persuade OPAL to send 2
frames per packet. My codec always sends 1 frame per RTP packet, whereas
it receives 2 frames per packet from asterisk as it advertises this
setting.

I played with info structure of the codec and I just couldn't convince
OPAL to wrap 2 encoded frames in RTP packet. I asked about this on the
list and nobody answered how does OPAL handle this.

Because it worked for me, I just never found time to dig into OPAL
infrastructure.

In second version, I changed the setting so that codec advertises 1
frame per packet as this is always the case.

Let me know it you get any change.
I'd be also glad if somebody that knows opal peeked at my code...

Regards,
Jure