[Ekiga-list] noise only

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with ekiga 2.0.3 and sound. The recording test in the
Configuration Druid is fine. Then I connect to ekiga.net and call
500 ekiga net - the call test. The only thing I can hear is some noise when
the speaker is supposed to say something, possibly in the same rhythm - as if
I heard some of high frequencies and low frequencies - as if a filter has
been used - the timing is okay. The playback of what I say is just the same
gibberish.

Now, skype runs fine. Even gizmo runs fine. The recording test runs fine. The
connection is established and I could hear both the answering machine and
me - if only the sound was not distorted.

I'm behind a DSL router (Fritz!) and using STUN or IP Translation - both with
the same result. I'm running Kubuntu 7.04 64bit, ALSA with M-Audio 5.1
Revolution.

The same problem occurs with KPhone and/or with another SIP provider
(fwd.pulver.com).

What could go possibly wrong? What should I look for in the ekiga debug output
(no clue)? Does ekiga use different sound settings for the test and the
communication over network?

Thank you for any hint.
Jiri