Re: [Ekiga-list] Setting Caller-ID to show my number when callaing

Hi Damien,

Sorry for such a late reply to your answer.

CallerID is the number which should be displayed on the phone which I called.

But I think it is a sip provider's problem. The number is sometimes
displayed and sometimes not.

Thanks

M.

2007/5/1, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>:
Le lundi 30 avril 2007 à 23:24 +0200, Ma Begaj a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I just verified my number at my SIP provider to be able to show it as
> Caller-ID. That means, when I call someone through my SIP connection,
> the called person should see this verified number on his/her phone.
>
> The number is in format: 0049123456789 (00+country+city+number)
>
> When I enter the above verified number in my hardware phone as
> Caller-ID, everything is OK and this number is visible. When I do it
> in Ekiga and enter this number as "User", it does not work (no number
> shown on the phone display.
>
> Any ideas? Does Ekiga support Caller-IDs?

Does it work if you put it as "Firstname" in the preferences ?
Is that what you call CallerID ?
--
 _     Damien Sandras