Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga should save settings (gamma, saturation) of my USB webcam

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 21:21, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > luvcview then prints this out:
> > "Video driver: x11
> > A window manager is available
> > video /dev/video0
> > Unable to set format: 5.
> >  Init v4L2 failed !! exit fatal"
> > Only solution I know to get back my video is to reboot the entire system
> > (annoying, so MS Win 3.1.). Anybody who knows how to get that v4l2 driver
> > working again without rebooting?
>
> I'm cc'ing Luc Saillard, an expert in terms of video and V4L2 ;-)

I found a solution on mailing-list
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/linux-uvc-devel/ :
"the only way is to reset camera, either by calling usb_reset_device() or by
unplugging the cord."
The USB Logitech webcams appear to have a hardware bug (something about usb
timings) and as far as I understand it, there isn't a workaround for it.
Unplugging the cord of my webcam I can do but I'd like to know with what
command i can do a "usb_reset_device()".

I guess some  experts on linux-uvc are Laurent Pinchart and Evgeny.

Regards,

Dieter