[Ekiga-list] linksys SPA-3102 + ekiga

Hi, I've been trying to call in local network (same switch, no routing
no NAT, no SIP registration, direct IP call) a linksys-sipura SPA-3102
with a regular analog phone attached.

I only had success using the codec "PCMA" or "PCMU", any other codec
would let the telephone ring but, when I picked up the receiver, I
continued to get the calling tone at the ekiga side, altough there was
"connected with IP" on the status label.

At first I thought that there were "pitch" problems with PCMU but it
seems I had a false alarm due to the eccessive gain used on my headset
microphone.

The Linksys SPA-3102 shows these choices as "preferred codecs":
G711a
G711u
G726-8
G726-16