[Ekiga-list] Fwd: [Xmeeting-application] announce H264 ?

Hi , for your information , here is the reason why our test with ekiga in H264 ( SVN version ) failed with SIP

Is SVN able to do H264 in H323 , I guess yes ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hannes Friederich <hannesf ee ethz ch>
Date: 27 juin 2007 22:23
Subject: Re: [Xmeeting-application] announce H264 ?
To: michel memeteau < michel memeteau gmail com>
Cc: xmeeting-application lists sourceforge net

Hello,

At the moment, H.264 is only supported in the H.323 stack, not in SIP. So, to use H.264 between two XMeeting instances, you need to establish a call using H.323.
In contrast to SIP, gatekeepers are not so common, so you might run into troubles with NAT/Firewall traversal, though.

Hope this helps

Hannes