Re: [Ekiga-list] Configuring Ekiga with proxy/authentication

On 7/19/07, Rafael  wrote:
I facing problems with the configuration of my ekiga,

. i couldn't connect to remote host
. and my registration failed

What was already made:

. an account was created
. configuration procedures were followed using the configuration druid,

Questions:

. how can i test if ekiga can access the internet? (i use a connection with
proxy and authentication).

Do you mean a SIP proxy?  Then if ekiga connects to the internet, you
will see at least 1 account registered at the bottom of the main
window.

Or an http/ftp proxy and authentication?

And if it can't,  could anyone give me a
suggestion to fix it?

If the only way to the internet is via an http/ftp proxy then you
can't fix it.  Ekiga can only punch through NAT firewalls, or
firewalls with explicit SIP support.  You will need to politely ask
your firewall administrator to open the ports for you as described in
the wiki.

--
David