[Ekiga-list] Configuring Ekiga with proxy/authentication

Hi all,

I facing problems with the configuration of my ekiga,

. i couldn't connect to remote host
. and my registration failed

What was already made:

. an account was created
. configuration procedures were followed using the configuration druid,

Questions:

. how can i test if ekiga can access the internet? (i use a connection with proxy and authentication). And if it can't,  could anyone give me a suggestion to fix it?

thank for your attention, and sorry for questioning such a basic thing,

Rafael