Re: [Ekiga-list] no audio xmit

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:01:55 +0200
Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr> wrote:

> There is an audio test in the druid : does it succeed? My guess is that
> it doesn't.

Yes there is an audio test. And no, It doesn't succeed. I click on it and get:

Failed to open the device

Impossible to open the selected audio device (Default) for recording.
Please check your audio setup, the permissions and that the device is not
busy.

But, as a Linux application, it could at least give a little more useful
message.

What audio device is it trying to open??? /dev/WHAT???
"Default" is meaningless. At least for me.

As I said in other email, XTEN (for linux) works flawlessly. It
uses /dev/dsp.

> Are you using the ALSA plugin or the OSS plugin?

There is no OSS plugin option. Just ALSA.

Thanx for you help so far.
Regards

Ethy