[Ekiga-list] BUG: Cropped video with Logitec camera

Damien Douxchamps ddouxcha at is.naist.jp
Tue Jul 31 09:36:46 UTC 2007

Hi all,

First post, so I have to start by thanking the developers for Ekiga!

Then my little bug...

I'm trying to use Ekiga with a Logitec camera but I can only see a
centered crop of the full image. effectv works and display 320x240.
Xawtv works too, but returns an error before displaying the video:

ioctl: VIDIOCMCAPTURE(frame=0;height=144;width=176;format=7): Invalid argument

So my guess is that my camera does not support 144x176. The FAQ says
that in that case Ekiga falls back to a higher resolution and scales
down, but what I observe is a crop.

More information about my system:

Webcam: Logitec Qcam for Notebook

Distro: Ubuntu Feisty, up to date.

Kernel: Linux spiff 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Thu Jun 7 20:19:32 UTC 2007
i686 GNU/Linux

lsusb:

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:08d8 Logitech, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

If there's any information or test I should do please let me know.

--
  _    Damien 高原 Douxchamps
 ('-   Assistant Professor