[Ekiga-list] BUG: Cropped video with Logitec camera

Julien Puydt jpuydt at free.fr
Tue Jul 31 11:31:15 UTC 2007

Damien Douxchamps a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> First post, so I have to start by thanking the developers for Ekiga!
>
> Then my little bug...
>
> I'm trying to use Ekiga with a Logitec camera but I can only see a
> centered crop of the full image. effectv works and display 320x240.
> Xawtv works too, but returns an error before displaying the video:
>
> ioctl: VIDIOCMCAPTURE(frame=0;height=144;width=176;format=7): Invalid argument
>
> So my guess is that my camera does not support 144x176. The FAQ says
> that in that case Ekiga falls back to a higher resolution and scales
> down, but what I observe is a crop.
>
> More information about my system:

This should be in the FAQ : Ekiga falls back to a higher resolution and
scales down... but only if the driver returns an error code!

If the driver doesn't support the resolution, but still returns it's ok,
then crops... then ekiga has no way to know something wrong happens!

So the bug is in the driver, which by not being honest, prevents ekiga
from properly handling the situation.

Snark on #ekiga