[Ekiga-list] more on 120 spacecam

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Mon Jul 16 21:07:09 UTC 2007

David Ford wrote:
> Hi Jonathan
> Jonathan Kaye wrote:
>> Hi David,
>> Nope, that didn't work at all. I added the blacklist file as you
>> suggested and then plugged in the webcam but both modules loaded
>> (according to lsmod). So I manually removed the sn9c102 using modprobe
>> -r and verified that it was gone but spca5xx remained using lsmod. I
>> started Ekiga and it didn't even detect the camera.
>>
> Rats!

I run Debian lenny/sid.  In /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d/ there are files
listing the modules that someone might not want loaded.  Since this is a
usb camera, that's probably where you want to put the file.  The
blacklist file in /etc/modprobe.d/ speaks of aliases, and though I'm
hardly an expert, that seems to imply that you need to also put the two
modules into that list.  There should already be a file:
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.

I think you need to look in both places.  You might also look in the
other files in /etc/modprobe.d/, since they will tell you what modules
do get loaded, and under what aliases.

HTH

Cam

--