[Ekiga-list] [Solved!] 120 spacecam

Jonathan Kaye jdkaye10 at yahoo.es
Tue Jul 17 12:46:58 UTC 2007

Hi all,
Thanks to David and Cam for their help. The problem was progress. As
indicated in the dmesg extracts my webcam is now v4L2 instead of v4L.
I'm sure this is a new thing. The proof is that when I first configured
Ekiga  it was listed as v4L. I went through the setup druid again and
noticed that there is now a choice (before there wasn't) between v4L and
v4L2. I selected v4l2 and then suddenly it recognised the camera as an
sn9c10x PC camera.
It looks like the modules weren't the culprits afterall. I'm sad that
the webcam light now remains on whether or not the cam is in use. Surely
this is a step backwards.
Thanks again for all the support from this list.
Cheers,
Jonathan