[Ekiga-list] unable to IM

Hello!
I love Ekiga but I cannot send or receive instant messages.
I have set up my ekiga softphone to register to voxalot.com, which is like a 'mother' account for my voip providers. I have ekiga.net registered as well... Anyways, I thought that maybe it was the voxalot account that couldnt forward messages, but even when I made the ekiga.net one as Default (and the receiver's settings like that too) I see no improvement. Audio is fine, I'm properly registered, I show as "online" on ekiga.net's phonebook, can get & make calls, etc - just no chat. (I'm on Ubuntu Dapper)
Any ideas?