[Ekiga-list] Solved: SIP Registration failed behind Fritzbox

Jan Schampera jan.schampera at web.de
Fri Jan 19 04:41:26 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:11:07 +0100
Wolfram Wagner <Wolfram.Wagner at web.de> wrote:

> Another thing I noticed is that my sound distorsions do exist only,
> if I have changed video mode to full screen. Blowing up the video
> seems to bring ALSA into troubles.
> I would greatly appriciate, if this can be improved somehow.

If it's really a CPU time problem, planned XVideo support might improve
the situation. But also check, if your soundcard is attached to
interrupts that are massively used when graphic operations are done for
example. I have - for what reason ever - chops in the signal (and
jitterbuffer raises) when I scroll massive text on a gnome-terminal
(doesn't happen with xterm) for example.

J.

--
"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of