[Ekiga-list] Solved: SIP Registration failed behind Fritzbox

Wolfram Wagner Wolfram.Wagner at web.de
Thu Jan 18 20:11:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

My problem was that I cannot register to ekiga.net SIP service since I
have got a new DSL router. This DSL router is also a base
station/interface to do phone calls over internet.

the solution was so obvious that I am almost ashamed to tell it:

First thing to do is to change SIP port of ekiga from 6080 to another,
because this port is exclusively used by the router. Port forwarding of
this port is forbidden.
The port change can be done using gconf-editor apps-ekiga-protocols-sip.
After that this port should be entered in portforwarding list on router.

My second problem was, that I found an entry in ekigas properties, which
I have not entered I think: SIP-preferences, outgoing proxy was set to
something.
After I deleted it, it worked better than ever.

Thanks to your help Damien!

Another thing I noticed is that my sound distorsions do exist only, if I
have changed video mode to full screen. Blowing up the video seems to
bring ALSA into troubles.
I would greatly appriciate, if this can be improved somehow.

Wolfram