Re: [Ekiga-list] Linux Journal article on Ekiga and Wengo

Sure, it's easy. But you have to go to the VoipBuster site to register. On their site it also shows how to setup a SIP device or software.

In Ekiga, after you setup your account at Voipbuster. just start Ekiga and go to "Edit" then "Acconts" and add a VoipBuster account and put in your information. Under "Registrar", you can put sip.voipbuster.com or sip1.voipbuster.com. I have my Ekiga to be able to use either one by making two Voipbuster accounts in Ekiga.  One is sip.voipbuster.com, the other is sip1.voipbuster.com

Then to use Voipbuster, you can make it your default account and anytime you enter a telephone number (don't use "001 or +1 like you would do if you were going to make an international call, just put in the area code+number)  it will use VoipBuster.

Or if you have another account that is your default account,  you can call someone by telephone_number sip voipbuster com or telephome_number sip1 voipbuster com (depending on which one you set up under accounts). I've found that sip1.voipbuster.com usually gives better audio, but I have both sip and sip1 for Voipbuster because sometimes one site will go down, and I can use the other.

You can also call another VoipBuster user by using user_name sip voipbuster com (or sip1 depending on if you setup 2 Voipbuster accounts in Ekiga)

You can do the same thing with any of the services that allow inbound SIP as well as those that allow H323. You just have to make sure that whatever services you use can use the audio codecs in Ekiga.

Can you access voipbuster from Ekiga?
How?

________________________________
Fedora Core 6 Linux
Ekiga Rocks!! One program so many ways to connect!

sip: geboyd53 ekiga net (or 617808 ekiga net)
H323: gk.voxgratia.net:1719 geboyd53
SipBroker: *673-617808  -or-  *011-1617808 (alias 617808)
e164: +13606660349 or +882 9999 398265 (linked to ekiga)
Voipbuster: geboyd53 (chat), 13606660349 (telephone)
Forward: 781549
Voxalot: 106153
Gizmo:  17476918163