Re: [Ekiga-list] ATA's or SIP Phones

Le vendredi 16 f�ier 2007 �6:59 -0800, George Boyd a �it :
> Thanks to everyone for all the info on my question about the ATA
> adapters. Simply because of the price difference, I've ordered a
> Handytone 486 All In One adapter. The only drawback I can see with it
> is it, doesn't do GSM. But neither do most of them that I have looked
> at.
>
> ael, I would be very interested to know how you have yours configured.
> All these new adapters are foreign to me, the only one that I ever
> used was a Quicknet adapter that plugged into an ISA slot in the
> computer. But Quicknet doesn't seem to exist anymore and their ixj
> drivers are not being supported for Linux (or windose as far as I can
> tell). Gnomemmeting (now Ekiga) used to be able to use that ATA before
> they stopped support.

The HandyTone ATA's are something similar, but different.

With Quicknet, Ekiga (GnomeMeeting) was managing your traditional phone
through the Quicknet card. With current ATA's, you do not have to use
Ekiga or GnomeMeeting anymore, they embed the necessary SIP or H.323
software.

--
 _      Damien Sandras
v_/_  NOVACOM                 : http://www.novacom.be/