[Ekiga-list] Ekiga does not play sound when other applications already play sound, even with ALSA

Hi,

I'm using Ekiga for internet telephony. Everything works perfectly well,
except that Ekiga refuses to play any sounds when another application is
playing sound. This way, I won't be able to hear incoming calls when I'm
playing music.

Other applications (e.g. Skype) do NOT have this problem. I am using the
ALSA drivers.

Is this intended behaviour of Ekiga, or am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks for your help.

If anybody could answer any of the above questions I would be thankful! I
AM already using ALSA instead of OSS.

Michel