Re: [Ekiga-list] Philips SPC300NC

Le vendredi 27 avril 2007 �6:42 +0200, Luc Saillard a �it :
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 04:31:59PM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Le vendredi 27 avril 2007 �1:18 +0200, Luc Saillard a �it :
> > >
> > > Damien: and if we add a expert setting for the video preference to allow the
> > > user to select the capture size ?). Perhaps we can do this to allow capture
> > > audio in 44100/48000Khz to solve problem with alsa and bad cards.
> >
> > That could be an idea, but I think it is better to automatically convert
> > from the best supported format to the required one.
>
> I've made a patch against ekiga to flip the image, force the capture size and
> resize it ... but only to see that it's only work in local display.
> Opal open the device itself, and grab the image, so we can't apply effect on
> it. About effects, I'm thinking about turn the image black and white, applying
> a face motion detection algorithm, fix color problem, improving the quality
> of the image (http://www.greyc.ensicaen.fr/~dtschump/greycstoration/). To do
> this we need to be able to get ourself the image, and give it to opal ...
> Perhaps create a pseudo VideoInputDevice (that will open himself the device, apply
> the filter) ?

I think you can apply filters. There is code in pwlib that allows
flipping the image, I do not know how it works, but perhaps it could
serve as a basis for other similar manipulations...

Any idea is good for me, as long as it is easy for users ;)
--
 _     Damien Sandras