Re: [Ekiga-list] G729 codec

G729 codec is proprietary and has some issues in open
source software, however...

...I have written a g729 codec wrapper for Ekiga on linux,
that uses intel IPP open source library implementation.
This IPP library is for testing purposes only, so you're
not supposed to use it commercially...

For me, it works ok, and you can give it a try, if you'd like
to test it..I am using it on ekiga 2.1.0, pwlib 1.11.5 and opal
2.3.2. It comes as a .so audio plugin for opal.

Nevertheless, there is one thing...I do not know how to set
number of frames per RTP packet and my codec always sends 1 frame
per packet (10 milliseconds), whereas asterisk always sends 2
frames/packet (20 millisces). Audio works great, it's just not optimal
for bandwidth usage...

I have asked Damien and Craig couple of times how to set number of
packets in Ekiga, but I just don't get an answer. Maybe they don't
like messing with "unclean" code in ekiga. However, my this is plugin
anyway and doesn't have to be included with other software...

Regards,
Jure