Re: [Ekiga-list] Problem running eìkiga with tiscali voip router

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Alessio Dessi wrote:

> Tiscali kept my fix phone number .. and I'd like to stick with it but Iwould
> like to be able to do pc-pc call or even use another provider to call aout
> of Italy....
>
> Is there no way to use different port instead ?

Messagenet uses SIP on 5061.  Otherwise, use a provider
that offers a different protocol: IAX comes to mind, H323
is unlikely.

Otherwise you can set a forward from your old number (@Tiscali
now) to a new VoIP (e.g., from Skypho) and let everybody know
you changed the number.