[Ekiga-list] Trouble setting up Ekiga for BroadVoice

Sick Twist thesicktwist at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 18:13:27 UTC 2006

>From: Jan Schampera <jan.schampera at web.de>
>To: ekiga-list at gnome.org
>Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Trouble setting up Ekiga for BroadVoice
>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:12:08 +0200
>
>If you think you need the proxy, or if you need it for this provider:
>Preferences -> SIP Settings -> Outbound Proxy
>

>Then, in the account for that provider, try:
>
>As "registrar". Since the port (also above for the proxy) is 5060, you
>most likely can omit the setting (if not, use usual HOSTNAME:PORT
>syntax).
>
>Should go into username/password field. The phone number also into
>"Authentication login"
>
>For the "Realm/Domain" setting try broadvoice.com or sip.broadvoice.com.
>
>If that doesn't work, you have to play around a bit, but it should be
>(if it works at all) something aligned to what I said above.
>
>Regards,
>Jan

Ok, I finally got Ekiga working with BroadVoice (sort of). Here is what I
did:

Ekiga Preferences:
NAT Traversal Method: None
Outbound SIP Proxy: proxy.mia.broadvoice.com
Audio Codecs: Make sure that _only_ PCMU 64 kbps 8 kHz is checked.

Account Information:
Registrar: sip.broadvoice.com
User: <10 digit BroadVoice telephone number>
Password: <obtained from Account -> My Devices -> Edit on broadvoice.com>
Authentication Login: <10 digit BroadVoice telephone number>
Realm/Domain: sip.broadvoice.com

When I start Ekiga I can place one telephone call sucessfully. After that,
Ekiga displays "Security check failed" when I attempt to make additional
calls. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Jonathon