[Ekiga-list] Trouble setting up Ekiga for BroadVoice

Jan Schampera jan.schampera at web.de
Mon Sep 25 06:12:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:17:05 -0400
"Sick Twist" <thesicktwist at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have just signed up with BroadVoice but have not been able to
> correctly configure Ekiga. I am new to VoIP and Ekiga so perhaps I
> just have the syntax wrong somewhere. Plus, I'm not sure what should
> be entered for "Realm/Domain". Could anyone give me some pointers?
> Has anyone been successful using Ekiga with BroadVoice? I am running
> Ekiga version 2.0.1 on Ubuntu Dapper Drake. Below are my BroadVoice
> account details:

> proxy_ip: proxy.mia.broadvoice.com
> proxy_port: 5060
If you think you need the proxy, or if you need it for this provider:
Preferences -> SIP Settings -> Outbound Proxy

Then, in the account for that provider, try:

> registrar_ip: sip.broadvoice.com
> registrar_port: 5060
As "registrar". Since the port (also above for the proxy) is 5060, you
most likely can omit the setting (if not, use usual HOSTNAME:PORT
syntax).

> phone_number: 8136426683
> auth_id: 8136426683
> auth_password: ##########
Should go into username/password field. The phone number also into
"Authentication login"

For the "Realm/Domain" setting try broadvoice.com or sip.broadvoice.com.

If that doesn't work, you have to play around a bit, but it should be
(if it works at all) something aligned to what I said above.

Regards,
Jan

--
God is real... unless declared as integer.