[Ekiga-list] Trouble setting up Ekiga for BroadVoice

Jan Schampera jan.schampera at web.de
Mon Sep 25 18:25:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:13:27 -0400
"Sick Twist" <thesicktwist at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ekiga Preferences:
> NAT Traversal Method: None
Yea, I understand.

> Audio Codecs: Make sure that _only_ PCMU 64 kbps 8 kHz is checked.
Mh, I don't understand that one. Does the provider refuse connection
when Ekiga provides more than that codec? If not, does it work when
it's the first codec in the list?

> When I start Ekiga I can place one telephone call sucessfully. After
> that, Ekiga displays "Security check failed" when I attempt to make
> additional calls. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Uh. We would need a complete debug output of the SIP session.
"ekiga -d 4"
Best is, you post it somewhere (pastebin.ca). The "security check
failed" is a subsequent message from some SIP error message the
provider sent.

J.

--
Der Mensch, der bereit ist, seine Freiheit aufzugeben, um
Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird beides verlieren.