Re: [Ekiga-list] Thank you for ekiga - need some help to, configure custom sip

Le vendredi 27 octobre 2006 à 20:52 +0200, Jelle de Jong a écrit :
> I have ekiga working now with my custom sip
>
> Instead of sip.tweakphone.nl i had to use a direct IP address
> 82.197.223.42 .

That is most probably incorrect. there is no reason why you would have
to use the IP address instead of the FQDN.

> But I have a lot of buggy behaviour with Ekiga and Xubuntu.
>
> If I start calling someone and press the Hang Up function. It keeps
> dialling until a time-out occurs it is really annoying.
>
> If the purson on the other side of the line hangs up ekiga also hangs
> until a time out.
>
> Were is the cancel or undo button for if you pressed the wrong number
> when you want to make a call?
>
> So it does not detect hang ups on both sides!

That's because your router is dropping SIP messages, so it doesn't
receive them and is waiting for a timeout before dropping the call.

I really suggest you read the FAQ and understand what happens.