Re: [Ekiga-list] Symmetric NAT problem

On 10/9/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
Le lundi 09 octobre 2006 à 22:01 +0100, Paulo J. Matos a écrit :
> On 10/4/06, Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr> wrote:
> > Paulo J. Matos a écrit :
> > > I have a symmetric NAT problem. I'm living in a student halls
> > > currently and I'm connected to the university connection which
> > > supposedly does not have any kind of firewall.
> >
> > A university with a non-firewalled connection ?!
> >

> You're right... bad news, I just found that the university connection
> if heavily firewalled... (does this term exist at all?).
>
> I'm only able to use the following ports: (described in
> http://www.soton.ac.uk/iss/computing/net/halls/hallsfirewall.html)
> - TCP 5190
> -TCP 2401
> - TCP 21+
> - TCP 80,8080,443
> - ICMP
> - TCP 143 (TCP 993) TCP 110 (995)
> - TCP 6665-6669,7000
> - TCP 6665-6669,6715,6969
> etc
> etc
>
> Is there any chance for me of using ekiga with webcams?

If there are no UDP ports, not sure... :(

There are, by checking the webpage, there seems to be one UDP port
open. Port 123 UDP for NTP and probably some for RealPlayer streaming
and MSN.

Problem is that, for example, using Kopete I can see my girlfriend and
she can see me, however, we cannot see each other at the same time for
some unexplainable reason. I can't understand if this is due to kopete
itself or due to the firewall. Do you think I can use UDP 123 for
something?

Ask them if they provide a SIP outbound proxy...

I did that, waiting for an answer. :-)

--
 _      Damien Sandras
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net