[Ekiga-list] Ekiga CVS snapshot too slow

	Hi all,

I have built pwlib, opal and ekiga from http://snapshots.ekiga.net/cvs/
as of today (Oct 9). It now seems that ekiga is too slow when displaying
video (my CPU usage is at 100%, resulting in choppy both video and audio).
It behaves the same regardless of which video view I choose, and it behaves
this way only when displaying remote video. Seeing just the local video
is OK. Also suspending the video transmission is OK as well.

	My workstation is Athlon64 FX-51 (2.2 GHz). With the previous
version (ekiga-2.0.2-3, opal-2.2.2-1.1, pwlib-1.10.1-5) the CPU usage
was below 50%, unless I zoomed the video in. I have tested this by
calling 500 ekiga net

	The new UI is interesting - not bad per se, but I have some
issues with it:

- the video view "Both: side by side" is not there anymore
	(the "Both: picture in picture" is close enough, but side by side was
	better, as it did not obscure part of the remote image).
- I have not found the current size of the jitter buffer there, nor those
	green tickers for incoming and outgoing audio level. I used these
	while testing new installations, and it was nice and quick visual
	tool for debugging.
- I miss the separate "suspend video" and "suspend audio" buttons
	(altough the "suspend call" button seems more practical from
	the usability point of view). Maybe these two buttons can be
	added to the button bar as well? There is plenty of space below
	the video image.
- the "Contacts" tab is empty.
- the "Find contact" button opens the contacts dialog, but clicking on this
	button again does not close it (unlike the nearby "Open text chat"
	button).
- when I click to the "new contact" button, and then on "Cancel" in the
	dialog which pops up, the ekiga crashes.
- when placing a new call, maybe the main window should switch to the "Call"
	tab automatically.

	When building opal, I got errors in opal/samples/simple/main.cxx,
because the "PConfig" symbol/class was not defined. I have commented it out
(as it was only an example), and the compilation finished OK.

	And one question regarding 500 ekiga net - when I call this
number, I usually do not hear the start of the message - the first thing
I hear is usually somewhere around the words "In this mode, ...". I think
it used to be OK in ekiga 1.99 or so, but I did not test it recently.

	Thanks and sorry for the wide range of issues in a single message.
The main problem is the high CPU usage while displaying the remote video.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |