[Ekiga-list] Ekiga CVS snapshot too slow

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Mon Oct 9 15:55:52 UTC 2006

Le lundi 09 octobre 2006 à 17:28 +0200, Jan Kasprzak a écrit :
> Damien Sandras wrote:
> : Le lundi 09 octobre 2006 à 16:51 +0200, Jan Kasprzak a écrit :
> : > Damien Sandras wrote:
> : > : Le lundi 09 octobre 2006 à 14:11 +0200, Jan Kasprzak a écrit :
> : > : > I have built pwlib, opal and ekiga from http://snapshots.ekiga.net/cvs/
> : > : > as of today (Oct 9). It now seems that ekiga is too slow when displaying
> : > : > video (my CPU usage is at 100%, resulting in choppy both video and audio).
> : > : > It behaves the same regardless of which video view I choose, and it behaves
> : > : > this way only when displaying remote video. Seeing just the local video
> : > : > is OK. Also suspending the video transmission is OK as well.
> : > [...]
> : > : However, nothing critical has changed for video support. So can you
> : > : possibly invest a bit of time into the issue, because I can not
> : > : reproduce it?
> : >
> : > 	Yes. I can for example try older snapshots, provided there is
> : > some easy way of getting their source (and the corresponding opal+pwlib).
> :
> : Not sure it would help, I am more interested in knowing why it takes so
> : much CPU on your PC.
>
> 	OK, so should I compile all three packages with -pg and send
> a gprof output?

Do the best you can to determine why it takes so much CPU and where it
takes it :)

I have no specific instructions. gprof might help, or not...

Thanks for trying to help, that is very important for us.

(but perhaps we should switch that discussion over to
ekiga-devel-list at gnome.org)
--
 _      Damien Sandras
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net