[Ekiga-list] Ekiga CVS snapshot too slow

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Mon Oct 9 15:28:34 UTC 2006

Damien Sandras wrote:
: Le lundi 09 octobre 2006 à 16:51 +0200, Jan Kasprzak a écrit :
: > Damien Sandras wrote:
: > : Le lundi 09 octobre 2006 à 14:11 +0200, Jan Kasprzak a écrit :
: > : > I have built pwlib, opal and ekiga from http://snapshots.ekiga.net/cvs/
: > : > as of today (Oct 9). It now seems that ekiga is too slow when displaying
: > : > video (my CPU usage is at 100%, resulting in choppy both video and audio).
: > : > It behaves the same regardless of which video view I choose, and it behaves
: > : > this way only when displaying remote video. Seeing just the local video
: > : > is OK. Also suspending the video transmission is OK as well.
: > [...]
: > : However, nothing critical has changed for video support. So can you
: > : possibly invest a bit of time into the issue, because I can not
: > : reproduce it?
: >
: > 	Yes. I can for example try older snapshots, provided there is
: > some easy way of getting their source (and the corresponding opal+pwlib).
:
: Not sure it would help, I am more interested in knowing why it takes so
: much CPU on your PC.

	OK, so should I compile all three packages with -pg and send
a gprof output?

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |