Re: [Ekiga-list] Receiving SIP RTP before media description [was ekiga answers with delay ...?]

Craig Southeren a écrit :
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:14:29 +0100
Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr> wrote:

..deleted

Here is how gstreamer does, as far as I know : they get the data and feed it to their codecs, which return something which measures their confidente it is "correct data" for them.

So by elimination, they get the right codec, which can then be confirmed and better tuned afterwards.

This sounds like it could require a lot of resources.

Eh, I didn't claim they were doing it right, just explaining how they did ;-)

Can we buffer the incoming data until we know how to proceed it ? That would be a very dirty workaround, but would fly.

Snark