Re: [Ekiga-list] direct connection does not work. why?

Hi,

In ekiga1.gz, I see you receive this PDU :
INVITE sip:cwg 192 168 1 80:5063;transport=udp SIP/2.0

It means that the the direct connection happens from a machine behind
the same NAT (as you can reach it using a private IP address).

The SDP in the INVITE contains this :
132.229.227.85

The problem is that it will send data to the public IP address (as STUN
is active), leading to that problem.

Very few NAT implementations will allow a packet coming from the inside
to the public interface going back to the inside, even if the port on
the public interface is associated with the internal machine.

When STUN determines that port XYZ on the public interface is associated
to port ABC on some internal machine, in most of the cases, a packet
reaching port XYZ on the public interface will only be forwarded to the
internal machine, port ABC, only if it comes from the outside.

As you have configured port forwarding, make sure it also works for
packets coming from the inside.

Anyway, the end of the log clearly indicates you receive no data at all.

--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be
FOSDEM                      : http://www.fosdem.org
SIP Phone               : sip:dsandras ekiga net