Re: [Ekiga-list] direct connection does not work. why?

Le mercredi 15 novembre 2006 à 14:11 +0100, Christoph Groth a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have two computers which are connected to the internet
> independently.  A is behind a firewall but has an own internet IP
> address.  B is behind NAT with the relevant ports being forwarded.
> Thus, for SIP purposes, B should appear to be connected to the
> internet directly.
>
> Both computers use different @ekiga.net accounts.  Then calling from A
> to B, and from B to A seems to work flawlessly.
>
> Computer B has a dyndns account.  When A (logged in as xyz ekiga net)
> calls sip:somone mybox dyndns org, computer B notices the call, but A
> does not notice the call being answered or accepted.
>
> I wonder why this is so.  Is there a way to make direct calls work in
> this configuration?

Check the messages exchange using ekiga -d 4. Check where the 200 OK
message is being sent.
--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be
FOSDEM                      : http://www.fosdem.org
SIP Phone               : sip:dsandras ekiga net