[Ekiga-list] No audio plungin found on X64

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Sat Dec 16 10:53:43 UTC 2006

Le samedi 16 décembre 2006 à 10:37 +0000, A. James Lewis a écrit :
> On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 10:44 +0100, Jan Schampera wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 01:02:20 +0000
> > "A. James Lewis" <james at fsck.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > I also found that ekiga doesn't try very hard to find pwlib... since
> > > pwlib isn't really a "library" as the OS understands it, it will not
> > > help to add it to ld.so.conf... it looks only where hard coded to
> > > look, <PREFIX>/lib... I hope this could be a bit more flexable at
> > > runtime... ekiga could either look at the config, ld.so.conf or allow
> > > the pwlib location to be configured... I've not tried with a 64 bit
> > > machine, but this can also be an issue on 32 bits.
> >
> > True for the plugins in some way. But PWLib itself is searched and found
> > by the dynamic linker, it IS a "normal" library.
> >
> I found that a version of ekiga installed in /usr/local, will not find
> its pwlib codecs in /usr/lib... I think that mabe there is an arguement
> for having a few fallback locations if the compile time option is not
> available.... /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib and the 64 bit equivalents would
> be a good start...   Is there any reason not to do this?

Ekiga does not look for the plugins itself, but PWLIB is doing it,
independently of the location from which Ekiga is executed.

When you compile PWLIB, you give a --prefix option (defaults
to /usr/local/), that option determines where plugins will be installed,
and where it should look for them.

If it doesn't find the plugins, it means that :
- you have not run make install
- you have conflicting versions installed and the process is not linked
to the version of the library you expect it to be linked
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-
          SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net