[Ekiga-list] No audio plungin found on X64

A. James Lewis james at fsck.co.uk
Sat Dec 16 10:37:08 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 10:44 +0100, Jan Schampera wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 01:02:20 +0000
> "A. James Lewis" <james at fsck.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I also found that ekiga doesn't try very hard to find pwlib... since
> > pwlib isn't really a "library" as the OS understands it, it will not
> > help to add it to ld.so.conf... it looks only where hard coded to
> > look, <PREFIX>/lib... I hope this could be a bit more flexable at
> > runtime... ekiga could either look at the config, ld.so.conf or allow
> > the pwlib location to be configured... I've not tried with a 64 bit
> > machine, but this can also be an issue on 32 bits.
>
> True for the plugins in some way. But PWLib itself is searched and found
> by the dynamic linker, it IS a "normal" library.

I found that a version of ekiga installed in /usr/local, will not find
its pwlib codecs in /usr/lib... I think that mabe there is an arguement
for having a few fallback locations if the compile time option is not
available.... /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib and the 64 bit equivalents would
be a good start...   Is there any reason not to do this?