Re: [Ekiga-list] Installation problem with pwlib

Hi,
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Damien Sandras wrote:

> I do not understand how you can compile OPAL without PWLIB. It is
> impossible. You have to first compile pwlib, then opal, then ekiga. If
> you are not doing so, and that it works, you will get a crashy binary
> because of libraries conflicts.

Technically, Damien, I agree with you. However, I suspect that Ludovic has
*the pwlib and pwlib-dev packages on this box,
*possibly has the opal and opal-dev packages on his box.

and is then compiling the source extracted from an opal tarball.

the source he is compiling is including headers from pwlib-dev.
the source he is compiling may be including headers from opal-dev
the source he is compiling may be including headers from the tarball.

This is not guaranted to work. In fact, it is a sure and accurate path to
madness.
 My suggestion:: When compiling pwlib/opal etc, remove all packages
pertaining to pwlib/opal-dev.

Derek.

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.                ClueCon  - The open source conference
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.                     for telephony