Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] On rewriting the text chat stack

Le samedi 17 octobre 2015 à 23:20 +0200, Julien Puydt a écrit :

Finally, would you mind to contact us when you will work on GUI for chat? For example, should text chat be in the same window as the video, or on its own? I do not yet have an idea...
Well, GUI isn't my strong point, but I think having the text in a window and the fact of the other person in another is pretty inconvenient, so there should be a way to put both side-to-side.

On the other hand, I think you are not supposed to have text and video at the same time. You will probably discuss using text chat before initiating a video call, and most of the time, the video call will go full screen.

From my point of view, I would keep them in separate windows for now. It is also less work.

--
Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project