Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Make preferences window non-modal

On 25/01/14 14:44, Damien Sandras wrote:
Le 23/01/14 14:02, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
I have call window open.  When I open preferences, it is modal, which prevents
me to use the menu in call window.  Is there any reason to have preferences
window modal?

All GTK applications like Gedit, Gnome-Terminal, Cheese, Transmission-GTK (pure
non-GNOME program) use modal windows for preferences.

Neither gedit, nor gnome-terminal and cheese have modal pref window. All of them are non-modal!

I think it is very common, and perhaps a recommandation from the HIG. I prefer
keeping the window modal.